Tips For Making A Small Space Feel Bigger
Does your home or apartment feel a little too small? There’s nothing wrong with a home that feels cozy but maybe you want a home that feels more open and airy. With a few minor changes you can make your space look and feel much bigger.
Let’s explore some tricks to make sure your home appears more spacious without the need for a costly renovation. Whether you’re working with a small studio apartment or a cozy family home, our tips will help you create a more open and inviting space.
Have you ever heard the saying, less is more? When it comes to furnishing a small space, there is nothing more true.
• Furnish your home with a few pieces like a sectional sofa to make the most out of a room. Choosing fewer pieces will make a room feel tidier and make a room appear larger.
• Choose smaller scale furniture as to not overwhelm the room
• Find furniture pieces with open legs. This helps a room feel more open and airy.
• Multi-functional furniture with built-in storage can make a big difference in maximizing the space in your home while making it appear larger.
When trying to make a space look bigger, one of the most important aspects of a room are the walls.
• Choosing paint colours that brighten up the look of your home is key to making a space look bigger! Bright whites contrasted with deep dark colours make a statement and create depth.
• The way light bounces off a room is also important to making a space feel larger. Mirrors are a great way to brighten a space. When light flows into the room, it bounces off the mirrors making it feel brighter and larger!
It’s all about the details, especially when furnishing a small space. The way you decorate a room can influence the feeling of it. With just the right amount of décor it can easily enhance how spacious a room feels. Let’s delve into some tips to making your room feel more airy.
• Choose décor with a light and neutral colour palette, the light colours will help enhance the look of your room.
• Minimizing your decor will give a spare aesthetic to the space.
• Find pieces that are transparent like glass tables. A space will seem bigger because you can see through the furniture. It feels airy when paired with heavier furniture.
• Bring your curtains all the way to the top of the ceiling, and ensure that your curtains are long enough to hit the floor. This will make a room feel taller and will also make a space feel more luxurious.
Whether you’re looking for a new way to refresh the look of your home or planning to put your property on the market, bring your home’s best foot forward. This is key to creating a home that stands out!
Contact StageLuxe Today!
With StageLuxe’s home staging services we provide a holistic home staging service drawing inspiration from your neighbourhood and your home’s unique features to ensure your home looks its best and brings results! Contact us today and let’s get started on your project!